A Code for Users’ contributions
Scope & style
1. The Registered User agrees to focus on issues pertaining to telecommunication and ICT regulation or policy, education, the economic and social empowerment of women, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other legitimate issues related to school connectivity and community access and use of ICTs.
2. The Registered User commits to make contributions on developments of local, national and international importance related to the topics, as identified in the Toolkit section, in which the Registered User contribution appears.
3. No commercial material of any kind should be posted.
4. The Registered User is expected to add value to the Toolkit content and provide worthwhile information and perspective. The Toolkit is intended for a very broad and diverse audience around the world – from regulators and communications and education policy-makers to school administrators, government officials with portfolios related to women, youth, children, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, aid agencies, NGOs, the private sector, academics and other experts.
5. The Registered User is mindful that contributions will be public for a long time and read by thousands of people around the globe.
6. The Toolkit is to be assimilated to the official ITU Website and is subject to ITU rules and policies. All posts should be written in a neutral and non-judgmental manner.
7. The Users’ Contributions section is a tool that provides enhanced communication, enabling to report information and distribute it globally. All posts are expected to be clear, concise, focused and not necessary exhaustive.
8. An average post would be 100-300 words long. Shorter or longer posts are allowed, as it deems appropriate. However, it is not acceptable to have posts longer than one screen (1’000 words). File attachments may be of any length but must be of relevance and utility. The Host reserves its right to edit and shorten longer posts, or to delete attachments, without notifying the author.
1. The Registered User agrees not to post contributions on topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory, especially for ITU, ITU Member States, ITU-D Sector Members, its donors or the governments they represent.
2. Any information or material that a Registered User submits or posts to the Toolkit or otherwise makes available on or through the Website ("User Contribution(s)”) will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. By submitting or otherwise making a User Contribution available on the Toolkit Website, the Registered User:
1. Agree and acknowledge that the User Contribution will not be treated as confidential or proprietary or private.
2. Represent and warrant that the User Contribution:
3. Is original to the Registered User and does not falsify the origin or source of all material contained in a file that is uploaded and that any author contributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in the uploaded file were not deleted;
4. Does not contain material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the user owns or controls these rights or has obtained the necessary consent;
5. Is a public and not private communication;
6. Does not contain any false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
7. Does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, profane, tortuous, defamatory, infringing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, or hateful; neither does it contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or include sexual language or language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals;
8. Does not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
9. Does not contain a virus or other harmful component; and
10. Does not contain any commercial elements or advertising of any kind or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters.
11. Grant the Toolkit the royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display the User Contribution (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
3. The Registered User may not use any of the Toolkit online features to transmit any unsolicited bulk communications (including posts and document files). The Host may take any technical remedies to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within the Toolkit, the Repository and the Website.
4. Such materials (as specified above) will be deleted by the Website Administrator and the membership of the registered organization will be suspended without prior notice.
5. In case of confusion about whether to post something on the Toolkit, the Registered User should always consult with the Host prior to posting a document, by sending an email to email@example.com
6. The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Website, its host and content contributors as well as the web service provider harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising in any way from the Registered User’s use of the Website or the placement or transmission of the User Contribution on or through the Website by the Registered User.
7. Any content placed in the Users’ Contributions section by a Registered User are the views of the registered User posting the statement, and do not represent the views of the Toolkit, its host, ITU Member States, ITU BDT Sector Members or its donors or the governments they represent.
B Registered User accounts
1. Expected registered users include regulatory authorities, decision-making bodies (i.e. Ministries, tc.) in the area of telecommunications, information and communication technology (ICT), education, gender, culture, equal rights, school administrators, aid agencies, non governmental organizations, researchers/academics, consultants and private sector entities. For more details on eligibility criteria, please contact the Host at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Host reserves the right to deny, in its sole discretion, creating any Registered User account to this Toolkit or any portion thereof without specifying a reason.
4. All Registered Users of the Toolkit shall set a password for their registered profile. Registered Users are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under their account whether authorized or not authorized. Registered User agrees to notify the Host at email@example.com of any unauthorized use of the Registered User's account or any other breach of security known or which should be known to the Registered User. Registered User's right to use the Registered Users’ Service is personal to the Registered User. Registered User agrees not to resell or make any commercial use of the Service without the express written consent of the Website Host.
C Registered User’s Conduct
1. The Registered User warrants and agrees that, while using the Website (Toolkit, Repository and other sections of the Connect a School, Connect a Community Toolkit, he/she shall not:
i. Infringe by any means materials copyrighted to ITU or its partners;
iii. Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Website;
iv. Constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
v. Impersonate, or misrepresent User’s affiliation with any other person or entity;
vi. Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information or other material for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the author of such information or other material);
vii. Engage in spamming, phishing, flooding; spreading viruses, or
viii. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Website.
2. The Host has no obligation to monitor any content on or through the Website and assumes no obligation. The Registered User acknowledges that the User Contributions section of the Toolkit is neither approved nor endorsed by the Host. The Registered User acknowledges and agrees that the Host may monitor the Website and disclose any information as necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Website properly, or to protect itself or the Toolkit Users.
4. The Registered User understands that the Host is not responsible for the conduct of any Registered User(s).
I agree with these terms. *